One of the best ways to ingest coconut oil is to incorporate it into smoothies.Coconut oil increases nutrient absorption, allowing all the antioxidants and vitamins in the berries to be absorbed better and faster. So, if you want a healthy fat boost and added energy, add two tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil to your smoothies for a smooth, tropical flavor.
Coconut oil smoothie blending tips
Before you get started creating your delicious smoothie, let’s start with a helpful reminder. Coconut oil is a solid when less than 76 degrees. As such, here are a couple of tips to help prevent the coconut oil from clumping in your smoothies:
- Add the coconut oil at the beginning before you start adding your cold ingredients.
- Liquefy the oil before you add it to your smoothie. You can do so by running the jar under warm water. (Never microwave it!)
- While the your ingredients are blending, gently pour the coconut oil into your blender.
Using these steps, the oil will slowly blend into your smoothie and will be clump free.
Strawberry coconut oil smoothie
- 1 cup strawberries (or a mix of strawberries and raspberries or blueberries)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, vanilla flavored
- 5 ice cubes
- 1 tbsp Skinny Coconut Oil
Blend and serve.
Tropical pineapple kale smoothie
- 1 cup of fresh kale
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of pineapple, cut
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp Skinny Coconut Oil
Blend kale, water and coconut oil until smooth. Add remaining fruits and blend again. If you want your smoothie to be cold, use at least one frozen fruit.
Want more recipes like these? Check out our blog for other coconut oil recipes including smoothies, tacos, oatmeal, cookies, and other delicious and nutritious meals.