Looking for a quick and easy smoothie recipe? Try this delicious Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie with Skinny Coconut Oil!
Thanks to the oats in this smoothie, it is particularly filling and perfect for breakfast on the go. It is also very customizable- if you would like a different berry or a combination, go crazy!
What you will need:
5-6 ice cubes
3-4 tbsp. of oats
1 tbsp. of Skinny Coconut Oil
1 cup Vanilla Almond Milk
1 cup of strawberries, or any berry of your choice
What to do:
- Add the oats to blender, try using the pulse feature to get them finely milled; blend
- After the oats are blended to a powder, add the ice, banana, berries, and almond milk
- Blend until smooth and creamy (again, maybe start with a pulse)
- Add the coconut oil into the blender while still blending (coconut oil is healthiest in its raw form, so we suggest you add it as a solid, but if you do not like the chunks of coconut goodness, look below for a helpful tip)
- Blend the smoothie and you’re done!
If you do not like having small chunks of coconut oil in your smoothie, try warming up your coconut oil in the microwave for 20-30 seconds and adding it in its liquid form. By doing this and adding the oil while it is blending, you will get a creamy consistency in your smoothie!
If your bananas are getting a little less than fresh, try freezing them in pieces and adding them to your smoothie that way! This will create an even colder, creamier treat.
Check out this great YouTube how-to video, thanks to Wendy Bentley!