If you love all of the benefits you get from coconut oil, you may be wondering, "Is coconut oil good for dogs?
The fact of the matter is that it is! To make things easier, we've compiled a handy list for you so you can see just how important adding coconut oil can be for your furry BFF.
10 reasons to give your dog coconut oil
- Coconut oil is great for your hair, but wait until you see what it does for your pooch. It's going to be like a doggy Pantene commercial up in here!
- It's a great moisturizer, working internally and externally for healthy skin. Give as a treat or use when shampooing.
- Apply topically to promote healing of cuts, wounds, hot spots, bites, and stings. It can be especially nice on paw pads after a long walk on the hot summer pavement.
- Coconut oil is antibacterial and anti-fungal, so it naturally reduces "doggy smell." We're not sure about doggy gas, but anything is worth trying to minimize that. Speaking of...
- It improves digestion, but be sure to follow feeding guidelines to avoid loose stool.
- Love those dog kisses but wish your furry friend would brush their teeth? Use coconut oil as a "toothpaste". As an added bonus, most dogs love the taste, so you won't be trying to wrestle your crazy lab while they gnaw on the toothbrush.
- Coconut oil can help balance insulin levels and promote normal thyroid function. This is not in place of prescribed medical options, but it can be supportive to their treatment.
- Got a chunky monkey on your hands? It happens to the best of us. Coconut oil helps boost metabolism and can be a very effective addition to a weight loss or maintenance plan.
- If your pup doesn't get up and go the way he used to, coconut oil can promote improved mobility in dogs with arthritis and other joint issues.
- Finally, if your pup is getting up there in years, coconut oil is excellent to keep his mind clear.
Before you get started
We care about your pup just as much as you do, so remember to consult your veterinarian before making any dietary changes.
We would also like to remind you of our recent product launch, Skinny Paw. You can read more about how coconut oil is good for dogs here before making a purchasehere.