When cold weather is in full swing, nothing sounds better than staying inside your cozy home with a piping hot cup of soup. Tonight, find your own little piece of heaven with this delicious and healthy recipe.
Thai chicken coconut soup
By Monique Wallace, Chef
1 tbsp Skinny Coconut Oil
1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp green curry paste
6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 15 oz can of coconut milk
2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
4 oz thin rice noodles, broken into pieces
2 small skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1lb.), very thinly sliced crosswise
3 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
3 jalapeños, diced
- Heat Skinny Coconut Oil in a large pot over low to medium heat.
- Add sliced onion and sautée until softened and lightly browned.
- Incorporate the minced garlic and green curry paste, stirring for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth and coconut milk, cover, and bring to a boil.
- Add sliced bell peppers and rice noodles.
- Simmer uncovered for about 3 minutes until al dente.
- Add chicken and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls, stir in lime juice, and garnish with cilantro and jalapeño.
- Bon Appétit!
Add sliced bell peppers and rice noodles. Simmer uncovered for about 3 minutes until al dente. Add chicken and cook for about 3 minutes. Ladle into bowls, stir in lime juice, and garnish with cilantro and jalapeño. Bon Appétit!