There are few things that feel better than freshly shaved legs, and the best way to get a close, cut-free shave is by lathering up your shaving cream. But most people do not know the actual ingredients that are in store-bought shaving creams!
This simple recipe will rid you of any mystery you put on your body and will leave you with hydrated, smooth skin with four simple ingredients. We will break each of them down so you know exactly what the ingredients do.
The four ingredients needed are: Pure Beauty Coconut Oil, shea butter, sweet almond oil, and an essential oil of your choosing.
Pure Beauty Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is the main ingredient of this shaving cream. The oil will help hydrate the skin and keep your razor from any build up that you may have experienced from traditional shaving cream. You can use Skinny & Co. pure coconut oil products, but we recommend using Pure Beauty Coconut Oil as it’s been created specifically for use on your skin.
Shea Butter is rich in vitamins A, E, and F. This is another great moisturizer and helps reduce skin irritation, so say goodbye to that painful razor burn!
Sweet almond oil
Sweet almond oil is high in vitamin E, which is a powerful antioxidant. Using this product regularly can help protect your skin from UV damage and helps hydrate and soothe eczema and psoriasis.
An essential oil of your choosing
Essential oil is included for a light, pleasant scent. As a bonus, you are able to personalize it to the oil of your choosing for additional health benefits. We recommend lavender oil or chamomile oil.
- In a glass bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of Pure Beauty Coconut Oil, 4 tablespoons of shea butter, and a small amount of sweet almond oil.
- Place the glass bowl over a pot of hot water on low heat. The steam will aid in melting the ingredients.
- When the mixture is completely melted, remove the bowl from the heat and stir in your essential oil.
- Place your bowl in the fridge and let the mixture harden.
- Once the mixture hardens, remove the bowl from the refrigerator and whip it with a mixer until it has the consistency of frosting.
- Store your shaving cream in an airtight, glass container and enjoy your natural shaving cream!
Remember that a little goes a long way! If you try this DIY shaving cream recipe, make sure you let us know how it goes on Facebook and Instagram.
Its true coconut oil and shea butter is really good and natural ingredient for skin. Thanks for sharing these useful ingredient for shaving cream.