It’s that time of year again. Decorating for the holidays, trips to the pumpkin patch, and filling the house with all the smells of fall. As you prepare to carve pumpkins, be sure to roast those delicious seeds!
Roasting pumpkin seeds is easy, and the benefits of these powerhouse super-seeds are absolutely worth the mess. Pumpkin seeds are nutritionally dense and full of magnesium, calcium, zinc, protein, niacin (vitamin B3) and a plethora of other vitamins and minerals.
Pumpkin seeds are the perfect snack. Enjoy them on their own or use them as a topping on salads, mixed into a rice pilaf or sprinkled on yogurt parfait. Pair them with dried cranberries, walnuts and pecans for a fall flavored trail mix.
This is our favorite recipe for roasting your own pumpkin seeds.
- 1 Orange Pumpkin
- 2 Tablespoons Skinny Coconut Oil
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Scrape seeds and pulp from pumpkin.
- Separate seeds from stringy pulp. Discard pulp. Rinse seeds in colander, shaking off excess water.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly line parchment with Skinny Coconut Oil, using 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon. Spread seeds on oiled baking sheet and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove seeds from oven. Toss seeds with 1 tablespoon of Skinny Coconut Oil and a pinch of sea salt. Roast an additional 20 minutes.
Read our recipe on how to make our famous Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte!
Read our recipe on how to make a delicious Skinny Berry Smoothie Bowl.