Skinny & Co. was founded by a mother and son team, so it should come as no surprise that mothers hold a special place in our hearts. To celebrate Mother’s Day this year, we recommend giving this special lady in your life the gift of pure coconut oil, designed to benefit both her health and beauty. You can shop our gifts by headinghere.
Another option, of course, is to make her breakfast in bed! Below, find one a recipe for one of our favorite ways of cooking with coconut oil...coconut oil crepes!
Coconut oil crepes
This recipe has been modified from the one originally posted by Little Broken. The recipe makes 4-6 crepes and takes about 40 minutes from start to finish.
2 eggs, room temperature
2 ½ cups milk, lukewarm (microwaved on high if needed)
⅓ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons honey
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons Skinny Coconut Oil, melted
⅓ teaspoon vanilla
Coconut oil cooking spray
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs together, and then add the lukewarm milk.
- Whisk in the salt, baking soda, and honey.
- Gradually add the flour, whisking until smooth.
- Lastly, add the coconut oil and vanilla.
- Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Lightly spray the pan with coconut oil and ladle ¼ cup batter into the center of the pan, turning and tilting the pan in a circular motion until the bottom is evenly coated with batter.
- Cook the crepe for about one minute or until the edges are golden and the top is no longer runny. The crepe should still be undercooked, though.
- Run your spatula around the edge of the crepe to loosen it from the skillet. Slip the spatula under the crepe, and gently flip the crepe in one swift gesture. If it doesn’t land quite right, use bottom flat side of spatula to unfold and rearrange the crepe.
- Cook the crepe for one more minute or until the bottom is slightly brown. Transfer the crepe to a plate.
- Repeat these steps with the remaining batter, spraying the skillet with coconut oil between every other crepe.
- Serve the crepes immediately and enjoy with your favorite toppings.
How are you celebrating Mother's Day this year? Leave a comment below to let us know!